Scallop Skewers! Easy Recipes With Scallops.
Wild Alaska Weathervane Scallops on the Grill
Try the best recipe for Alaska weathervane scallops on the grill! If you love skewers, here is how to grill scallops with a little flair. We have paired our Alaska weathervane scallops with spot prawns for this easy scallop recipe, be sure to order your fresh seafood online from our store.
Cooking Scallops from Frozen
Our wild caught scallops are frozen fresh to preserve their taste and texture. Pull a recipe ready portion of scallops from your freezer and leave them on the counter to thaw. If you are looking to thaw your scallops from frozen more quickly, submerge the vacuumed sealed package under water until the scallops are fully thawed.
PRO TIP FOR SCALLOP SKEWERS! They are easier to skewer when slightly frozen. 😉 🧊
Scallop & Prawn Skewers Recipe
Weathervane Scallop and Spot Prawn Skewers Recipe
20 oz Lummi Island Wild Weathervane Scallops
1 Lb Lummi Island Wild Spot Prawn Tails – Shelled
½ Cup olive oil
6 Tbsp lemon juice
6 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp Garlic finely chopped
¼ tsp Lemon pepper
1 tsp Kosher salt
½ tsp Cayenne pepper
1. Place your shrimp and scallops in a large Ziploc freezer bag.
2. In a bowl combine all the other ingredients and stir until mixed.
3. Pour ¾ of the marinade into the bag with shrimp and scallops, reserve ¼ of the marinade for
basting while the skewers are on the grill.
4. Place the bag in the refrigerator and allow the shrimp and scallops to marinate for 15-30
minutes, turning the bag occasionally.
5. Soak your wooden skewers in water for at least 1 hour, remove and let dry on a paper towel.
6. Drain and discard the marinade, thread the shrimp, and scallops on to the skewers alternating
7. Preheat your grill to medium-hot.
8. Place the skewers on to the grill and grill each side for 3-5 minutes.
9. Using the reserved marinade baste each side of the skewers.
10. Grill until your shrimp are pink and the scallops are opaque; you should have nice grill marks on
both the shrimp and the scallops.
11. Serve immediately.
Are Scallops good for you?
Scallops are highly nutritious and may have impressive health benefits. Scallops are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, healthy fats that can balance your cholesterol levels, reducing your heart disease risk. Alaska Weathervane Scallops from Lummi Island Wild are flash frozen fresh preserving fatty acids and omega-3’s.