Sweet Chili Glazed Salmon
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes
2 x 6oz Lummi Island Wild King Salmon
1/4 C rice vinegar
1/4 C soy sauce or tamari
1 Tbsp sugar (white or brown)
1 Tbsp sambal oelek (red chili paste) Or substitute 2 Tsp red chili flakes
1 Tsp garlic powder
1/2 Tsp cayenne (optional)
1 Tbsp olive oil
- Whisk or blend together vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, garlic powder, sambal oelek,
and cayenne (if using).
- Marinate salmon flesh-side down in sauce for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
(Refrigerate while marinating.)
- Move an oven rack to about 4″ away from the broiler. Preheat broiler to high.
- Brush oil in an oven-safe pan or casserole dish. (Make sure the pan or dish is
- Move marinated salmon to the prepared pan. Reserve marinade.
- Cook salmon for 6-8 minutes per 1″ thickness, or until the fish is opaque and
easily flakes apart with a fork. (Do not flip the fish halfway through cooking.)
7. While the salmon cooks, pour the marinade into a small pot. Heat over medium heat until it comes to a boil, and then simmer for 2-3 minutes, lowering heat if necessary. Remove from heat and cover the pan to keep the sauce warm.
8. When the salmon is done cooking, remove it from the oven and brush the sweet chili sauce over the fish. Divide the remaining sauce and serve it on the side or
drizzled over side dishes (like rice or vegetables.)
9. Serve and enjoy!
Spice Level: As written, this recipe is mildly spicy. If you prefer more spice, swap the sambal
oelek (red chili paste) for an equal amount of red chili flakes (medium heat), or use both sambal
oelek and red chili flakes (hot).