For those seeking culinary adventure, please enjoy exploring our menu and recipes below. Whitefish and Salmon Subscriptions start and renew the 5th of each month. If you ordered late, or missed out on this month’s seafood subscription, order a one time trial shipment or get on board for next month…
Grilled Salmon Skewers Recipe
Reefnet-caught wild Salmon, red onions, baby bell peppers, Portobello mushrooms.
Black Cod Fritters Recipe
Bite size fish cakes, dipped into rich, spicy,
aioli make a great tapas style appetizer.
Grilled Reefnet-Caught Salmon Recipe
6 oz fresh grilled salmon fillet with a garlic
herb butter. Serve with sautéed vegetables
and wild rice.
Blackened Halibut Fettuccini Recipe
Slightly spicy, blackened halibut atop a bed of cheesy fettuccini alfredo and mushrooms.
Black Berry Wild Salmon Salad Recipe
Grilled Salmon, Strawberries, Blackberries,
Grapes, Cherry Tomatoes, Avocado, Feta
Cheese with a Raspberry Vinaigrette.
Grilled Salmon Skewers
- (3) 6oz Lummi Island Wild Coho or Sockeye salmon portions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, cut in 1″ pieces
- 1 portobello mushroom, cut in 1″ pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 12 bamboo skewers soaked in water 1 hour
- Heat the grill on medium heat and spray the grates with oil.
- Mix oregano, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl to combine; set spice mixture aside.
- Beginning and ending with salmon, thread salmon and alternate vegetables onto 6 pairs of parallel skewers to make 6 kebabs total.
- Spray the fish lightly with oil and season kosher salt and the reserved spice mixture.
- Grill the fish, turning occasionally, until fish is opaque throughout, about 8 to 10 minutes total.
Black Cod Fritters
- (3) 5oz Lummi Island Wild Black Cod
- 1 1/4 LB potatoes (Yukon or Russet)
- 1 1/4 C milk
- 6 green onions finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 3 C dried white breadcrumbs or panko
- Olive oil, for shallow frying
- Lemon wedges, fresh herbs – to serve
- Cook the potatoes, unpeeled, in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for about 25 minutes or until tender. Drain. As soon as they are cool enough to handle, peel the potatoes, then mash with a fork or use a potato masher.
- Pour the milk into a pan, add half the onions and bring to a simmer. Add the black cod and poach very gently for 10 minutes, or until it flakes easily. Remove and drain the cod and flake it with a fork into a bowl, discarding any bones and skin.
- Add 4 tablespoons of mashed potato to the cod and beat them together with a wooden spoon. Work in the olive oil, then gradually add the remaining mashed potato. Beat in the remaining green onions and the parsley. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper to your taste. Add egg to the mixture and mix it until thoroughly combined. Chill until firm.
- Shape the chilled fish mixture into 12-18 balls, then gently flatten into small round cakes. Coat each one in flour, then dip in the remaining beaten egg and coat with dried breadcrumbs. Chill until ready to fry.
- Heat about 3/4-inch oil in a large, heavy frying pan. Add the fritters and cook over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes. Turn them over and cook for another 3 minutes until crisp and golden. Drain on paper towels and serve with aioli, lemon wedges and herbs.
Thanks to Hog Island Oysters for this fritter recipe
Blackened Halibut Fettuccini
- 4 (6 oz) Salish Sea halibut portions
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the kosher salt, paprika, thyme, oregano, onion powder, garlic
- powder, and cayenne.
- Sprinkle the halibut fillets with the seasoning mixture, pressing with your fingers to help the coating adhere.
- Heat the butter in a large 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.* Swirl to coat.
- When the butter starts foaming, add the halibut fillets, skin-side down. Cook them until their bottoms are blackened, 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the fillets to the other side, reduce the heat to medium, and cook until the fish turn from translucent into opaque and white (it’s fine to cut a small slit and peek), about 3 more minutes. Remove from Skin.
Homemade Alfredo Sauce:
½ C Butter
1 ½ C Heavy Whipping Cream
2 tsp Garlic Minced
½ tsp Italian Seasoning
½ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Pepper
2 C Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
Cooked Fettuccini Noodles (prepared al dente)
Sautéed chanterelle or portobello mushrooms.
Add the butter and cream to a large skillet.
Simmer over low heat for 2 minutes.
Whisk in the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper for one minute. Whisk in the parmesan cheese until melted. Spoon most of the alfredo sauce onto prepared noodles, add cooked mushrooms, and toss. Place blackened halibut on top. Add remainder of alfredo sauce (about 1 tbsp on each fillet) and serve.
Grilled Reefnet-Caught Salmon
- Lummi Island Wild Reefnet-Caught Coho or Sockeye Salmon Portions
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp fresh minced parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh minced dill weed
- Prepare your grill, heat to 450 degrees.
- Pat salmon fillets dry with a paper towel.
- Season each fillet with salt. Use most of the butter to coat each piece and set some aside to top off salmon after it is cooked.
- Place each salmon fillet on the grill skin side up. Close the lid and cook salmon for 8-10 minutes.
- A 1 1/2 – 2 inch salmon fillet will take 8-10 minutes to cook.
- Salmon is done when reaches 145°. Take it off the grill when it is about 142° and let it rest to get to temp all the way.
- Top each piece of salmon with a teaspoon or so of herb butter while still hot.
- Serve with sauteed vegetables and wild rice.
Black Berry Wild Salmon Salad
- (2) 5-6 oz portions Lummi Island Wild Coho or Sockeye Salmon (Baked or Grilled)
- 1/2 C Strawberries (cleaned and leaves removed)
- 1 C Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 C Blackberries
- 1/2 C Feta Cheese
- 4 C Salad Greens
- 1/2 C Grapes
- 1 Avocado
Chop Salmon into ½ inch pieces. Chop berries and tomatoes and avocado to desired size. Put salad greens into salad bowl. Add all other ingredients to bowl and toss. Sprinkle feta cheese on top and serve!