Pink salmon is possibly the cleanest, healthiest protein on earth. It is a nutritional powerhouse with a delicate flavor and fine, flaky texture. Enjoy two of our favorite ways to prepare this amazing fish!
Pink Salmon Burgers
- (4) 4oz Lummi Island Wild Reefnet Pink Salmon
- (4) Kaiser Rolls
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 heirloom tomato, sliced
- (4) slices Monterey jack cheese
- Loose Leaf Lettuce
- 4 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 Tsp Salt
- Slice onion and tomato, clean and dry lettuce.
- Remove skin from salmon (optional), salt aggressively.
- Add 1 Tsp avocado oil to a cast iron pan and heat over medium high heat.
- Add Salmon and cook on both sides 2-3 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Toast kaiser rolls in toaster oven and spread 1 Tbsp mayonnaise on each roll.
- Transfer salmon to roll and add desired fixings (cheese, avocado, tomato, lettuce, and grilled onions are great options!)
Pink Salmon Tempura
- (4) 6 oz Lummi Island Wild Reefnet Pink Salmon, cut into 1-inch strips
- ½ C corn starch
- ½ C all-purpose flour
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 2 Tsp salt
- 2/3 C water
- 4 C Avocado Oil or Vegetable Oil
- Mix up a nice thick batter. You can adjust with a bit more flour or water as needed.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees or test oil with a small drop of batter, if it bubbles and floats, oil is ready
- Dredge Pink salmon strips in batter and drop carefully in hot oil. Let cook for 3-4 minutes, or until batter is browned (your first round will usually be lighter then the following rounds).
- Serve with a tartar sauce, and French fries.